Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 a4azza

a4azza

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

hey can some1 help me my comp keeps crashing an rebooting every now and then just goes to a blank blue screen wid no messade error i have windows 7 that was installed bot a month ago i noticed that u need 1gb of ram for windows 7 and i checked and i only hav 512 mb would this be the reason for this its not all the time only now and then it does it mayb theres some kind of software i can use to show you my system details to make sure everything is good

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 koonter

koonter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:33 AM

IF you can get a hold of a Hiren CD you can boot into the MiniXP option and disable all of the startups. This usually resolves 80 percent of this kind of crashing IMO.
Alternativly you can simply perform a system restore (also with MiniXP)

Good Luck

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

*** Please print these instructions ***
  • Download Hiren's BootCD Iso to the desktop of a clean computer.
  • Extract the zipped HirensBootCD.zip to your desktop.
  • Open the extracted HirensBootCD folder and extract the zipped HirensBootCD.iso.
  • Double click the BurnToCD.cmd bat file contained in the HirensBootCD folder. This will launch BurnCDCC.
  • Insert a blank CD in your drive.
  • Press Start. This will burn the image to disc. After it has completed...
  • Restart your sick computer and boot from the HBCD you created.
    • If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to change the boot order:
      • Restart your PC
      • As soon as you get an image, press the Setup key. This is usually F2, F10, F12 or Del. On some machines the key can also be a different one. It should, however, be stated on the screen which key is the setup key.
      • Once you enter the computer's BIOS, use the arrow keys and tab key to move between elements. Press enter to select an item to change.
      • Navigate to the tab, where you can set the boot order. It should be called Boot or Boot order
      • The tab should now show your current boot order.
      • If the CD-drive is not at the top, please navigate to the CD-Rom drive with the keys arrows. Then move it to the top of the list. The keys for switching boot position are usually + to move up and - to move down. However they can be different, but they should be stated in the help, so that you can find them easily.
      • Once the CD-drive is on top of the boot order, navigate to Exit and select Exit saving changes.
    • Your PC should now boot from your CD.
    • Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
  • When the CD boots choose "Start MiniWindowsXP". Allow Windows to load. You will see a typical Windows Desktop.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users