Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to delete a post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CorbTX

CorbTX

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Feel free to move this post. I couldn't post in User Orientation, I didn't have "permission". I'm trying to figure out how to delete a post. I posted in the VTSM Removal Logs Forum. Then I added a post after to add something. As soon as I did it I thought that was probably not a good idea because then I don't have 0 replies, so someone may think I'm being helped. I couldn't find how to delete that night but didn't know if it would be an issue or not.
Tonight as I was going through the forums, I saw that a moderator posted to someone else that the boards were searched for topics with 0 replies and to not post anything else to that topic.
I'm not expecting an answer to my Virus issue already, because I know the boards are busy right now. But I did want to delete that post - it wasn't critical and I do want my topic to read 0 replies so someone knows I need help when it is my turn to be looked at. :thumbsup:

Thanks!!
Lark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

It has already been taken care of
The 2 posts were merged into one single post
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 CorbTX

CorbTX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Mark! Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Lark

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

To answer your question only moderators and above are able to delete posts. If the situation should arise again or for anyone who reads this topic. You may PM any moderator for assistance if it is a timely or 'personal' matter. Otherwise if it just an error you wish cleaned up with no timeframe imperative because you have reposted or misposted. You can post a request for moderator action in the Bleeping Computer Tidiness topic and a staff member will get to it and 'clean it up'.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users