Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

application data what is this folder...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcuhat

mcuhat

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hello

just realize is a folder name application data sitind under c/user/my name...

This folder is empty and i can not deleted this folder.

His sommebody could tel me what is this folder and if is good to have it...or how to deleted.

If you know please advise.

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

I would leave it alone. This explains it's function: Vista's Users Replaces XP's Documents and Settings

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 mcuhat

mcuhat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

Thank you for the reply...

Yes it is fix...

I found this solution for my probleme.

Here it is if somebody have the same issue as me.

When you try to delete or rename a file/folder, you may receive a window that says:
"Item not found. Could not find this item. This is no longer located in [folder]. Verify the item's location and try again."

To solve, follow these steps:
1. Open up a command prompt (run cmd.exe from the Start Menu).
2. Navigate to the folder that the object resides in.
3. Run "dir /a /x /p" to display the contents of the folder, including hidden files (/a) and 8.3 filenames (/x).
4. Find the 8.3 filename of the object to the left of the regular, long filename.
5. Run "ren <8.3 name>" to rename the object, "del <8.3 name>" to delete it if it's a file and "rd /s <8.3 name>" to delete it if it's a folder.
Note: If renaming to a long filename, make sure to enclose the long filename in quotations. If that fails, temporarily rename it to an 8.3 name and then rename it to what you want outside of the command prompt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users