Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavillion dv8000 x64 sound problem

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

hi all at bleepingcomputer,

So i just did a clean install of windows 7 64 bit on my hp pavillion dv8000 and i was hopping some one at this awsome site could find the drivers that would work for windows 7 64-bit because i have been searching all night and have come up with nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

I checked HP's web site (I assume you have too), and they are showing none for Windows 7.

That laptop is going on 4 years old (release date), and they are not going to provide any. Have you tried the Vista 64-bit drivers?

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

there are no vista 64 bit sound drivers. and i know its getting old but it is very well taken care of and is an awesome machine.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

I think, you're asking us to solve some issue, which simply can't be solved.
Firstly, when you try switch OS, you look, if the drivers are out there, not the other way around.
I suppose, you'll have to settle for some OS, which is supported by your hardware.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

Or just go without sound....and proper graphics card drivers. But yeah, that machine is too old to have Windows 7 support. Sorry.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

http://reviews.cnet.com/sound-cards/creati...7-31156120.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Thanks garmanma for the suggestion, that card is quite expensive but i shall consider it as i love this laptop and plan to keep it for a very long time to come, also there are display drivers that work fine.

Thanks to most who contributed good information. :huh:

Edited by computerxpds, 10 March 2010 - 02:53 PM.

sigcomp.png 

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Do you know what kind of sound card you have?

#9 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

Conexant AC-Link Audio that's far as i know.
sigcomp.png 

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Whats listed in the properties for that device under the PCI Ids?

#11 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

pcmcia or pci because there is no pci in computer management.
sigcomp.png 

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

Thats what I am talking about. Right click on the device that isn't go to properties then the details tab. Select Hardware IDS.

#13 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_309B103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_309B103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_0401
sigcomp.png 

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

It appears that your sound card is part of your modem, and unfortunately I am unable to find any drivers for it even for 64bit Vista.

#15 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

well let me offer this as a solution for my problem which i have just FIXED and i now have sound! here is a link to the site that i got instructions for:instructions it was actually a 32 bit driver working in a 64bit environment isn't that interesting but it worked.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Edited by computerxpds, 10 March 2010 - 04:43 PM.

sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users