Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runner Errors

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:22 AM

Hi...okay..I switch on my computer....when i get to the destktop...I have first...a box that says :
Runner Error: Invalid Backweb application id 4476822
it normally stays until i click it off..but just recently it does sometimes just disappear..which is odd!!
Also on screen is a box that says
Error: Cannot find a file necessary to continue VirtualTruck setup: F:\installs\TeraEth\Vtruck.exe

When I had the puter and went onto Broadband..NTL gave us a cd to install it..but it was a faulty cd and I had to install it manually with the help of one of their advisors....I seem to think that these boxes occured after that.....cant remember exactly as it was 2 yrs ago.......and I am old..!!Posted Image
Any help would be appreciated!
Dollyeyes xx
Posted Image
Of all the things Ive lost...I miss my mind the most!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:59 PM

What does it say on the top of the box?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

Hi Leurgy..great name by the way... :thumbsup: It says RUNNER ERROR on the first box that comes up then on the second it says ERROR :flowers:

I have noticed tho that just recently the first box that comes up the RUNNER ERROR.. that disappears now without me having to close it as i always had to before...my Avast ball goes whizzing round then its gone..off the screen..(the RUNNER ERROR..not the Avast bally thingy...!) :trumpet: I do always have to close the ERROR box...

Its just annoying to see them there....so any suggestions..said in easy to understand terms for blondes...would be most grateful...! Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#4 Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:09 AM

Do you have a Logitech mouse Dolly?
Have a look here regarding the second part of your problem.
BTW Your not old.

Edited by Wolfeymole, 12 September 2005 - 11:17 AM.

#5 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:35 AM

[SIZE=7]Hi if none of the above work, which it should do then please keep us informed what is happening to your Avast ON-Access Scanner once you have carried out the above. If you are old I am Anchient.

Edited by thedon57, 12 September 2005 - 11:35 AM.

Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#6 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:25 PM

:thumbsup: Hi Wolfeymole......I dont have a Logitech mouse..just a boring black Compaq one that came with the puter! :flowers:
I shall tho..have a look at that link you sent me..I just hope I can understand what is written there! :trumpet:

DOLLYEYES XX
Posted Image

#7 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

:thumbsup: Woo hoo....well then..managed to get rid of the ERROR thankyou but now....still have RUNNER ERROR...which reads INVALID BACKWEB APPLICATION id 4476822

Do i go to the same link Wolfeymole gave me for the Runner Error?

Posted Image
Thankyou so much for all your help with this....!

DOLLYEYES XX
Posted Image

#8 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:22 PM

Have to say the RUNNER ERROR does go sometimes if i wait long enough...it seems the Avast gets rid of it..but not all the time...anyhoo..just saying in case it helps!
:thumbsup:
DOLLYEYES

ps...Hope im making sense here... :flowers:
Posted Image

#9 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

Hi this is what i found on your backweb problem

Back Web is a non harmful spyware program, usually installed by HP or Compaq on their computers, to report info back to them...
Check your Control Panel and Add/Delete to see if Back Web is there and click on uninstall....It can also be added to your non-HP/Compaq system by keyboards and hardware installed on your computer by other companies, but normally just by HP or Compaq (which are now the same company since the buy-out consolidation...)
You can also try going to:

Start>Run>type "msconfig" and hit enter>goto "Startup">Scroll down and find the Backweb Agent and untick the box> Click Apply/Ok>Restart the computer and see if it helps

*Again* Backweb is an unneccessary program provided by HP/Compaq that sends information from your computer to the HP Centre. Aas it has no effect on your computer whatsoever, it is safe to disable from the Startup options . If the warning should re-appear after doing the above steps, then if you are WinXP, you would need to turn off your System Restore before doing the above steps and then turn on System Restore after you are done....then restart your computer which will give you a brand new restore point without Back Web in it........

Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#10 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:20 PM

Backweb is the ap that Compaq uses to send updates for your computer.

It is not malicious spyware or malware.

You can turn it off by right clicking on its icon in your task bar and setting preferences not to load on startup.

#11 Glaswegian

Glaswegian

Defender of the Haggis

• Malware Response Team
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:27 AM

Just on the NTL thing - I also had this problem, but only after I had installed a new mobo and CPU. Since my new mobo had a LAN port, I just used a LAN cable from the PC to the cable modem - no need to install all the NTL software.

Not sure if it's something you can use in the future but you never know. :thumbsup:

Regards
Iain
Win XP Pro / Win 7 Pro
Posted Image

#12 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

:thumbsup: Thankyou so much everybody peeps...am about to try out some of the suggestions re my Runner Error...am so grateful for you help...maybe one day i will be confident to help you guys too... :flowers:

Of course it may only be info on what lipstick to wear with what outfit at the moment tho..still learning puter stuff..! :trumpet: :inlove:

DOLLYEYES
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users