Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd problem with some Tabs and Buttons

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dlanijer

Dlanijer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:45 AM

I'm currently using Windows XP Home.
This isn't so much a problem as an annoyance.
I started noticing this problem RIGHT after running CleanUp! awhile back. It was my first time running CleanUp! on this computer, a laptop.
Anyways, its hard for me to describe the problem (annoyance) exactly so I'll post a picture also.

The thing is, after I ran CleanUp! my XP style was automatically changed to the Classic Style. I looked up on how to solve the problem along with other possible problems of running the program itself, and figured out at least how to restore the Luna Style files that CleanUp! most likely got rid of. However, after I reverted back to the XP Style I noticed some Tabs and Buttons didn't change back to the style as well. I have been searching for a way to fix it, but to no avail. So I am resorting to asking for others help. :thumbsup:

Anyways, here's an image of the problem I have:
Posted Image
Its probably not a problem to some people, but my head must be off and I like things to be consistent. I noticed the problem after trying to tweak some settings in order for XP to run a bit faster. The "System Properties" window is fine as it is, however the "Display Properties" window's TABS and BUTTONS are all in the Classic Style, where they are not highlighted when moused over and they are not white like the "System Properties" TABS and BUTTONS are.

Hopefully someone with expertise in XP Display Settings can help because I've tried almost everything and mostly to no avail. I am sorry in advance if I fail to do something I should have before in this post, and I will provide more information to see this is thoroughly detailed in explanation. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: oh, and this isn't limited to the two windows above, I just used them as examples.

Edited by Dlanijer, 11 September 2005 - 09:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users