to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
I am thcbytes
and I am here to help you!
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer
. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.
Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options
. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic
. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification
and then clicking on Proceed
you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
After 5 days if your topic is not
replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!
Again I would like to remind you to make no
further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current
condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.
Few questions first...
The registry was edited to stop the auto reboot so I can read the BSOD but it still restarts.
Please clarify. Did you actually edit your registry or did you use the startup screen &/or Windows interface to disable auto restart with BSOD? Did you make any other registry changes?
Do you have your Windows install disc?
Do you have a clean computer to create a boot disc?
==========We need to create some logs
After you have successfully burned the OTLPE ISO to disc you will need to transfer the disc to the CD drive of your sick computer and boot from it.
- Insert the CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
- If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to change the boot order:
- Restart your PC
- As soon as you get an image, press the Setup key. This is usually F2, or Del. On some machines the key can also be a different one. It should, however, be stated on the screen which key is the setup key.
- Once you enter the computer's BIOS, use the arrow keys and tab key to move between elements. Press enter to select an item to change.
- Navigate to the tab, where you can set the boot order. It should be called Boot or Boot order
- The tab should now show your current boot order.
If the CD-drive is not at the top, please navigate to the CD-Rom drive with the keys arrows. Then move it to the top of the list. The keys for switching boot position are usually + to move up and - to move down. However they can be different, but they should be stated in the help, so that you can find them easily.
- Once the CD-drive is on top of the boot order, navigate to Exit and select Exit saving changes.
- Your PC should now boot from your CD.
- Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
- Please be patient as "Windows" loads
- Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start. Change the following settings
- Navigate here to the forum and click this link.
- Download the program and save it to the REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
- Once saved, close all other windows then double click the program to run it.
- When completed, a log will open.
- Save the log to the desktop using File>Save as, then post the log in a reply.
Please note: If you are unable to connect to the internet then please download to a flash drive on a clean computer and transfer to the sick computer to run!