Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hitman pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 existenz

existenz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

I've noticed links to this product have been removed after claims that this cloud scanner uses products without their consent.
Which products have complained about this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

The first link should explain it
http://www.surfing-safe.com/spyware/hitmanpro.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman_Pro

Edited by garmanma, 09 March 2010 - 11:51 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 existenz

existenz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Yes i have seen that article before but it is 3 years old and the Hitman pro available now is nothing like that version.
Hitman pro 3.5 is a cloud scanner which installs no third party software.
It scans your computer with its own scan engine and then uploads the results to its cloud where they are checked by its partners.
Eset,prevx,asquared and gdata all removal is then carried out by Hitman pros own removal tool.
It is these vendors which i wanted to know about.
Avira until very recently was part of this cloud ,it was recently removed and Hitman pro say they are working with Avira on another level.
They also say another large vendor as yet unknown has asked to join .
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....732&page=41

#4 CCRN396

CCRN396

• Members
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

I've noticed links to this product have been removed after claims that this cloud scanner uses products without their consent.
Which products have complained about this?

I believe garmanma's post answered this question. I tried the beta version of this product a while back and IMO I wouldn't fork out any money for it. There are freeware antispyware products that work just as well or if I were to purchase a product, it would be MBAM or SAS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users