Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure what to do here

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tsuyu-chan

Tsuyu-chan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

I'm having this little problem. I just got a new dell inspiron lappy (a mini but not quite) and it's been running fabulously so far, up until recently.

I noticed today that for whatever reason, my cpu usage has been jumping so rapidly from any number to 100% and generally staying there for several seconds before dropping to about 80%.

I have firefox open, task manager open and I had malware bytes open.

Posted Image

There is two things on here that make me uncertain and all the research I've done thus far indicate that two of the items may be virus'. csrss.exe and winlogon.exe.

The only reason I think that is that when clicking on them (right click) I can't open to where the file should be. They also are not showing up under my user name.

Malware bytes picked nothing up...but I am still concerned and it makes my stomach twist because I don't want to be having to send this in to fix it...or what not.

Any help is appreciated, thank you~

Gina.

Edit: I am using Windows 7.

I also ran CCleaner earlier to clear some stuff up.

AVG also never picked up anything, and while in task manager I clicked 'see all running processes' and saw that there were 2 csrss.exe's and winlogon.exe's, both listed under system.

Nevertheless I am confused as to why I keep spiking high cpu and high physical memory. Should I consider a system restore?

Edited by Tsuyu-chan, 08 March 2010 - 09:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users