Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Connor

Joe Connor

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

Hey

Recently my DVD drive hasnt bee reading discs, it still appears and open correctly when clicking on the DVD drive on the PC, whats up? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

So it shows up when you open My Computer?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:44 AM

Might be time for a laser lens cleaning, dust from disks drops on the lens over time, causing read/write issues.

Try one of those CDROM cleaning disks you find in most music stores, or if your adventerous, you could remove and open the drive up to access the laser lens and gentley clean it with cotton swab and alcohol.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

And if the drive is really old, you might want to get a newer, faster drive.
They are pretty cheap.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users