Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gonefishin

gonefishin

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

couple months back I posted on bleeping under another screen name because i forgot password to this name. thought maybe i was infected done scans , logs etc . got a 100 % clean bill of health in hijack this forum .

so i dunno whats going on. my computer is slow. and if i try to play a video file such as avi it freezes up some times.
also when burning movies the movies skip and freeze up...

I have upgraded my memory so things should not be freezing up like they are......
memory is 1.5 GB brought up from 512 mb......

I do know one thing when i click task manager and look and I use around 700 MB it starts freezing like their is not enough memory . can anyone help me figure out what is going on ???

also my CPU is spiking high on task manager as well. I have looked through process but their is nothing using any high cpu. but it is constantly hitting 100 on cpu maxed out from just reading email or yahoo news .......

and like I said hijack this gave me clean bill of health and I have no virus or rootkits

computer Compaq windows xp ...sp2 .... 1.5. GB memory

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

Have you considered a fresh install of Windows XP?
Format the C: drive and install Windows again.

If you are still experiencing these issues after the fresh install, they might be hardware related.

Options to backup data before the format:

1. connect the hard disk to another computer and transfer the data.
2. Use a Live CD to access the data on your PC and make a backup.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 09 March 2010 - 07:53 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users