Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ADMIN password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crimson37

crimson37

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

My company gave me an old laptop and it has an admin password/login I can log onto the system but im not admin so i cant install or delete or do lots of things without admin so my question is how do i get rid of that

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

You will have to do one of two things.

You will either have to contact the administrator where you work and have them remove that password or, you will have to completely wipe the operating system and reinstall.

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to help you bypass any security measures as stated in the rules of the board:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures

If you would like help reinstalling your operating system, we will be more than happy to help you with that.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 crimson37

crimson37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

ok thank you I didnt even think about the copyright issue, I understand completely.

Thanks though :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users