Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't boot at all stop c000021a status of 0xc000003a

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GretaLovejoy

GretaLovejoy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:36 AM

HELP PLEASE!! PC running XP, was installing service pack 3 was taking forever:( I had to leave...I made the terrible mistake of turning the PC off with the power button while it was installing sp3, I thought it had stalled. When I turned it back on it went to a black screen that said something about windows was not shut down properly, down at the bottom it had start in safe mode, last known good configuration and start windows normally all the choices just made it restart and go to the same black screen.

I googled the problem and followed the instructions for booting from the recovery console and entering the command for uninstalling the service pack...it just started listing 1 file(s) copied over and over again. Tried hitting esc and control alt delete but the only way I could get out of it was to shut the pc off by the power button.

I disabled restart on errors and rebooted, it then had a blue screen that said something about autocheck not found and I think autocheck skipped, the got the BSOD that said:

STOP: c000021a (Fatal system error)
the session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000)
the system has been shut down:(

I am in a state of panic...could never afford to repllace this pc and have lost the XP cd. I can boot from the recovery console...is there anything I can do to fix this disaster?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Greta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

You can try running the chkdsk /r command from the XP Recovery Console.

How to use CHKDSK in the XP Recovery Console - http://pirules3.14.googlepages.com/recovery_console_chkdsk

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users