Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Best Effin Protection on the Net

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Duder

The Duder

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:27 AM

Yo, roll call for the top anti-malware, ant-spyware, anti- pop-up, anti- virus, anti- every f@cking thing malicious to my well being. Let's hear about the best anti- douche software out there. And let's compare prices.

Malwarebytes Anti-malware
AVG Free

That's what I use. If u really need mo, tell me so. BTW, both are free

Edited by Andrew, 08 March 2010 - 09:07 AM.
Mod Edit: Moved to more appropriate forum - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Personally, I would recommend using either Avira AntiVir Free/Personal edition or avast! for an antivirus program, just be sure that you only have 1 anti-virus program installed on your machine

For a firewall I would recommend Comodo, please note that the Comodo firewall installation also includes an Anti-virus program, if you decide to choose another anti-virus (not Comodo), then please be sure to only install the firewall, you will be prompted during installation if you want to install just the firewall, or the firewall and the anti-virus.

The on-demand anti-malware scanners I recommend are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAnti-Spyware.

For additional protection, SpywareBlaster is a great program to protect you from visiting malicious sites, and blocking tracking cookies. Note that SpywareBlaster isn't an actively running program. You download it, run it once, and then make sure you update it every week or 2 and you will always be protected. It works by tweaking some IE and Firefox settings to block tracking cookies and provide additional protection.

#3 FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

If you are looking for just one then I would have to point you to Sandboxie. HTH
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

#4 imacompidiot

imacompidiot

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

I'd like to know this too although I'm phobic of messing up I'd really like a finite set to get

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users