Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the rogue disappeared and problems took its place D:

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Burn Your Wings

Burn Your Wings

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Okay, so I recently got a nasty rogue. Vista Internet Security 2010. I'd had the normal signs from it that everyone who had the rogue saw.
I had this rogue for a couple of days before I got a USB with the required programs to help me remove it. Today, as I went to fix it, no signs of the rogue are here. No alerts of any kind. However, as soon as I try to open ANY program, my computer gives me a problem with it. It keeps asking me what program do I want to open the program with. And as you know, to get rid of the rogue, it has to be running while you go through the removal process. Problem is, I can't trigger the rogue in the ways that I could before and now I can't even open some programs. Other programs give me a hassle with opening them. Does anyone know what's wrong with my computer, or what I can do to fix this on my own? Is this a part of the rogue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Some malware infections target .exe files and alter associations. Without repairing the file association .exe files will lose functionality. If you are unable to run your programs do this:

Please download FixExe.reg and save it to your desktop. Double-click on the file and select Yes when it asks if you want to merge the data into your Registry. Once that is completed you should be able to run other programs.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users