Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Small Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dfreese1

dfreese1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

I have a small problem (not quite sure how small exactly). Okay so you know how you can pin shortcuts to your toolbar at the bottom by the start button? Well for some reason all of those are gone. I can't seem to figure out why and I've looked at everything. I also noticed that my network connection, upon logging back into my computer from standby, wouldn't connect at all. Howver, my network adapter was reading me at connected even though my connection on screen said "Not Connected". I did a virus scan with AVG9.0 but nothing turns up. Since we use ComboFix at our school and already have it installed on our laptops, I ran that.

Please note: I have run this before and I know what I'm doing when running it. I have never had a problem with it before.

Still, nothing turned up and nothing was deleted. I was hoping I could get some advanced technical help regarding the OS overall because I think the problem lies in there somewhere.

Thank you very much for any help given.
An average man doing a not-so-average job...Helping with computer problems (and learning new techniques)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Right click on the Task-Bar and select "Properties". Ensure that "Show Quick Launch" is selected.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users