Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

z00clicker.dll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 mele33

mele33

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

Good Evening:

Thanks to this site I have removed most of the Internet Security 2010 issue but am getting redirected once I click on a link after I do a search in Internet Explorer. I have read a bunch of other posts and found that I have the z00clicker.dll but have not seen how to remove it. Also, I do not know how to see if I was affected by a back door rootkit or any other possible issue that would compromise my security. Thank you in advance for your help and please let me know what logs you want to review. I already have Hijack This, RootRepeal, Malwarebyes', and ComboFix installed.

Thanks again,
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.

:thumbsup: ComboFix logs, where should I post them?

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 mele33

mele33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

This is the second time I have posted this question (I know I broke another rule). The first time it was moved by a moderator to AII, and that was on Feb. 17th and I have not heard anything back since then. So last night I decided to post again to see if I can get some help and am now being told to move my question to another area. I know this is free (hence I shouldn't be complaining) and I appreciate the forum to a level I can not express. It has helped me on numerous occasions. However I feel like I am getting the run around. I have read 100's of other posts in the AII section and they are no different then mine and the users are being helped. Again I really do appreciate this forum and I could only imagine the volume of requests that are received on a daily basis and how busy you all must be. I and many others (number of views of both of my posts) would greatly appreciate getting my problem solved. I would like to THANK YOU!!!!! in advance.

Sincerely,

Mike

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

ComboFix logs are not permitted outside the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum and then only when requested by a Malware Response Team member. In addition, DDS/HijackThis logs are not permitted in this forum. As such, you cannot post your logs here for review and analysis. That's why I referred you to the ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here thread where instructions are provided in Step 2 for where to post your logs and get assistance.

Some infections are difficult to remove completely because of their morphing characteristics which allows the malware to regenerate itself. Sometimes there is hidden piece of malware (i.e. rootkit) which has not been detected by your security tools that protects malicious files and registry keys so they cannot be permanently deleted. Other types of malware can even terminate your security tools by changing the permissions on targeted programs so that they cannot run or complete scans. Disinfection will probably require the use of more powerful tools than we recommend in this forum. Before that can be done you will need you to create and post a DDS log for further investigation.

#5 mele33

mele33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

Understood. I will post in the correct section. Thanks.

**You can close this thread.**

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hello mele33,

I am deleting your newest topic as you neglected to furnish any logs and is therefore a duplicate of the initial post of this topic. The lack of logs is why I moved your original topic which I shall now delete to avoid confusion with this topic.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please INCLUDE the ComboFix log in your new topic.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 mele33

mele33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

Sorry for the delay. I am having trouble running the GMER scan. I have tried twice and it seems out of no where I get a blue screen really quick and then the computer restarts. Once it has rebooted it says a critical Windows error has occurred to you want to send an error report....... I left it running today while I am at work and hopefully it will run in its entirety. If not is there a back up plan?

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

Open GMER and deselect (uncheck) Sections and Devices from the options on the right, then try running it again. If that fails, try running GMER in safe mode. If you still cannot get GMER to run, then skip that step and continue with the next.

#9 mele33

mele33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

The scan did not complete.

I just want to make sure, I should leave IAT/EAT checked and uncheck devices instead? (Your instructions above would leave unchecked items as Sections, Devices, any drive but C:\ and show all) Please confirm.

Thanks.

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

Just skip the GMER and do the DDS scans.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

Hello,

I have split off your DDS log post and moved it to the log forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302215/z00clickerdll/

Now that you have a log posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users