Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turn off flip 3-d

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 monkeydog

monkeydog

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

The vista window switching flip 3-d feature got accidentally turned on and I'm trying to turn it off. I want to go back to just a plain desktop with icons. I have searched the web and can only find how to turn on this feature and not how to turn it off. If I re-boot, will the desktop go back to normal. Is there also a quick way to turn off this feature without rebooting?

Am running an HP media center pc with vista home premium. I really appreciate any help with this! Have tried pressing escape key, and tried clicking outside the windows...nothing.

Edited by monkeydog, 07 March 2010 - 08:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

See here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 monkeydog

monkeydog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:57 AM

Thanks Broni, I need to clarify though. I understand that if you have a normal screen you can press the windows key and the tab key in order to start flip 3-d. Is there not some way that you can simply go out of flip 3-d and back to a normal desktop with out having to install a registry patch and disabling the feature?

In other words...if I have a brand new copy of vista and I press win-tab to turn on flip 3-d, is it now on permanantly? And the only way to turn it off is to do a registry edit and disable the feature? Can I not choose on a daily basis whether I want to use this feature? I was kind of hoping that if I can turn it on by pressing two keys, that perhaps I could also turn it back off by pressing something.

Thanks for any more input you may have on this!

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

and I press win-tab to turn on flip 3-d, is it now on permanantly?

No, press those keys again and you'll see, it's still active.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 monkeydog

monkeydog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

Yes, it flips through the different windows. But, what I want is to turn it off, make it in-active. What I'm trying to do is figure out how to. Do I have the option to make it in-active without rebooting or totally disabling it? Let's say I wanted to use it for an hour, then turn it off and go to a normal desktop. Maybe then later I would turn it back on again.
I don't want to disable it forever, and neither do I want it active forever. Can I turn it on and then off again without re-booting? And if so, how?

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

I think, you're asking impossible...

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users