Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zixshane

zixshane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

hello im following your instructions for removing Virus protector- trouble is after starting in safe mode with networking i still get the virus scan running - i have no other window options at all - its on my 2nd com my kids com i understand whats needed to remove it but as i said i cant dl the programme needed to get rid of this because the only thing on the com is a scan running from virus protector. i can exit that using alt f4 but that takes me to a screen thats black and has safe mode in each corner i see no windows for access to internet to dl the programme needed to remove this virus protector.can some one plz help me for the childrens sake-i have 3 that use the com and i dont want them using my good com.

Edited by zixshane, 07 March 2010 - 07:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

If you cannot use the Internet or download any required programs to the infected machine, try downloading them from another computer (family member, friend, library, etc) with an Internet connection. Save to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer to the infected machine, then install and run the program(s). If you cannot copy files to your usb drive, make sure it is not "Write Protected".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users