Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible conflict with virus programs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Hello, my BC family :flowers:
I am really not caring for my new ISP, (ATT.Yahoo),but am stuck with it for now. Today it seems to be running as slowly as the old dial up....sigh.
Anyway, I managed to get my email problems sorted out a while back thanks to all your help. Recently I was sent an email with attachments to that account+it ended up in the spam folder. No problem, at least I found it. The weird part for me was when I went to open the attached pictures I got a box showing the Norton was scanning the pix for possible virus! :thumbsup:

I don't know why in the world Norton would even be on my system. I did NOT install it. I use KIS 2010. I'm wondering if the Norton thing is a strange add on with the new ISP? When I forwarded the entire email with attachments to my Thunderbird account, I was able to open the pix with no problem, nor was there any strange Norton advisory showing.

I don't want the 2 virus programs to clash with my system. Any suggestions?

Thank you
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

Norton thing is a strange add on with the new ISP?

That is very possible. Are there any indications of it in Add/Remove Programs?

You might need to contact your ISP
You might have to remove their whole software package [you really don't need it]
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

Use Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users