Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Continue to get windows install of status possible Vundo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grandpa's woodshop

Grandpa's woodshop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

I continue to get an install of status.msi trying to install. I have looked in the event viewer at the application error messages. The following registry entry seems to show up related to this ( {978C25EE-5777-46E4-8988-732C297CBDBD}. I have ran SpyWare Doctor, SuperAntiSpyware, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware against it and canst seem to get it cleared up. I'm running Windows XP Home with SP3. I'm not sure what else you need right now. I'm just looking for help. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grandpa's woodshop

Grandpa's woodshop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Is anyone willing to provide some assistance?

#3 fearmyawesome

fearmyawesome

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Hi there.

I'm not really sure if I can help you or not, but maybe if we have some more information from you, someone more experienced can help you.
Could you please post a Malwarebytes log?

Thanks and all the best!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

Did you recently update... say your printer or a windows update...

Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility - (it will list all programs that use Windows Installer).
•Double-click on status.msi (if there or Stop now)and click "Next".
•Accept the license agreement, click "Next", then click "Next" again.
•Click "Finish" when done.
•Go to Start > Programs and click on Windows Install CleanUp to launch the program.
•In the list of Install Products, check to see if "Windows Defender Signatures" are listed.
•If so, highlight that entry, then click on the "Remove" button.
•Reboot when done.
•Then go to Microsoft Update, do an express scan, and see if you can now apply the update.

If it was an HP update for an All-In-One printer ..
Uninstall HP Photosmart All-In-One Driver Software program and HP Update program - then reinstall only the HP Photosmart All-In-One Driver Software. Do not update, just live with it. The web link for the Full Feature software download is given below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...duct=320478 5

Or try doing a system restore to a date prior to that. it sounds like a faulty update.

Edited by boopme, 11 March 2010 - 04:59 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users