Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't get my ports open for any game or programme

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thereallightningX

thereallightningX

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Due to the the favorites bar web slice gallery option and a misclick, I have just lost a elogant message so I'm just going just say it straight out and take my word for it that I know about portforward.com and i have been hosting warcraft 3 since 2005 and in 2008 successfully setup on my own ListChecker. I also can't open my ports for utorrent. My sister alsos uses utorrent and some other progammes that need open ports and she has no problems so I can only assume that it is my PC.

I lost my hosting back in Nov. 2009 and have checked to see if I have overlooked some small aspect of anything that can hinder my hosting and everything as far as I can tell is setup correctly, also i have redone the portforward.com setup sets more than 5 times since than for both wc3 and utorrent.

I also have disabled Windows firewall and use Zonealarm and I believe I have setup Zonealarm properly as I have just recently though of the idea of zonealarm reseting itself somehow and hindering me without me knowing.

Here are the more-than-like random specs that I think you will need to know
O/S: Mircosoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Language: English

Hopefully with information, the forum users will be able to help me trouble shoot if not solve my problem outright.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I only know the things I know about computer is from screwing my pc up and paying a professional to fix it and tell me what I did wrong and how he fixed/troubleshot said problem(s). So don't assume I know everything or nothing at all about pc's.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Topic should be moved to Networking forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users