Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

...it's a persistent little virus...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nooob

Nooob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hi folks!

I have a persistent issue when trying to backup my computer using the backup utility in XP.

Over the past few weeks I have deleted 26 viruses from my OS. :thumbsup: The one I just got done doing battle with was the userinit.exe. Evidently a variant of the win32/kryptic.cvx trojan. ESET was unable to clean. But I figured that out....I think!! :flowers: Anyway...ever since this little virus explosion happened a few weeks ago there has been persistent group that ESET finds every time I try to do a complete backup of my system. It's called the MyFunWeb products. MyFunWeb Search. MyFunWeb Toolbar. I want to kill MyFunWeb.

I just downloaded Combofix, but there are warnings all over the place saying that it's a powerful tool that can delete critical parts of my OS if I don't know what the logs mean. And if my screen name is any indication of my experience....then yeah.

What information do you need to help me delete these viruses from my computer? HELP!! ...please. =)

Thanks!

-Marty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hello :thumbsup:

You did good :flowers:
It is a smart decision on your part to pay attention to the warning at the top of this page
in blue text regarding the use of ComboFix.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
See this article:
How do I uninstall Fun Web Products from my computer?
http://help.funwebproducts.com/uninstall/uninstall.html

Uninstall other items associated with Fun Web Products:
* My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)
* My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
* My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
* My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
* Search Assistant - My Way

Another option is to use a free program called Revo Uninstaller.
It's listed here: (See Post # 2, Utilities category, they are in alphabetical order)
Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
It would be a good idea to run a scan with Malwarebytes'.

Please read the following topic in its ENTIRETY, including Troubleshoot section.
How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to scan and remove malware from your computer
Posted by Grinler on February 16, 2010

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...alware-tutorial

Make sure you UPDATE Malwarebytes' before scanning.
In order for Malwarebytes' to do the best work it can for you, it has to have the most current database definitions.

I am not authorized to help with logs.

"only trained members of the following groups: Malware Response Team, Malware Study Hall Senior, Moderators or Administrators are allowed to help people with logs. "

Please reply back with the Malwarebytes' scan results log.
Copy/paste the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the Malwarebytes' scan results log into your next reply.

When you reply back, please state specifically what, if any, symptoms you are still experiencing.
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users