Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am infected-

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ontheroad

ontheroad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hi I am new here ( not even sure if I am posting this correctly) desperately need help - I am not a computer geek so i need simply language for help - we have 2 laptops- both have XP- #1 has Media center- yesterday #1 computer had a security notice - since it Looked like a ms thing i clicked something ( ok or install not sure- then the problems started I won't go into all that, we all know I shouldn't have been in a hurry- since then I have read your helps and dl the fixes all to an external HD from computer #2 since #1 computer won't dl them then put them on #1 - ran the rkll it ran for a couple seconds (really just flashed a black box ) then I ran the mbam got error code 732 (1200,70) ran it but it can't update- I ran it in safe mode- found 27 things which I removed. then rebooted as it said, but computer is no better- it boots then the personal security screen comes on then desktop icons disappear.
I do have avast on my computers . today i tried the iExplore and the eXplorer in safe mode because it won't do anything other ways. also the mbam which takes over 2 hrs found nothing. so what am I doing wrong and what can I do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hello :thumbsup:

Regarding not being able to update Malwarebytes'...
See this section (deals with Proxy settings):
"Error 732 when trying to update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"
How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to scan and remove malware from your computer
Posted by Grinler on February 16, 2010

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...alware-tutorial

An alternate method of updating Malwarebytes' is described in
Post # 3 by garmanma (Moderator):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242001/how-do-i-update-malwarebytes-without-an-internet-connection/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Regarding Rkill flashed a black box....
see Post # 2 by Andrew (Moderator):
"A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run."
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297568/cant-install-rkillcom/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It would be helpful for official staff members if you would post the Malwarebytes' scan results log you already ran that found 27 things.
It will give them an idea of what you are infected with, so they can tell you what your best course of action is.

I am not authorized to help with logs.

"only trained members of the following groups: Malware Response Team, Malware Study Hall Senior, Moderators or Administrators are allowed to help people with logs. "
source: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126946/a-reminder-to-our-members-regarding-malware-logs/

Update your Malwarebytes' and scan again.

When you reply back, please include both Malwarebytes' scan results logs.
Copy/paste the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the scan results logs into your next reply.

If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users