Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freeze & Can't open c drive, my computer, control panel, etc.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MaryY

MaryY

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi there,
I'm using Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 4700. Internet Explorer freezes up after 5-10 minutes of use - CTRL-ALT-DEL usually doesn't work - have to reboot. Recently, am unable to open c-drive, Control Panel or My Computer by double clicking. An error box comes up that says: Trial has Expired. You have exceeded your trial period. This evaluation version will no longer function. Please click on the "order button" to purchase your licensed version or the "Quit" button to exit.

Then it gives two options to click: ORDER and QUIT

When I click on Order to see what this is about, it takes me to a Paint Shop Pro page to order. I have an "ORIGINAL" version of Paint Shop Pro that I bought, so I don't know what this trial version is about.

I ran Norton 360 and it didn't catch any viruses. I ran Avast free version and it found some viruses which were fixed. I was unable to run either of these virus protection programs in safe mode so just ran them in normal mode.

I ran Malwarebyes in Safe Mode and it found various problems (Trojan Dropper, Trojan BHO, some Adware issues, etc.).

I'm still having problems. Please help. I'm a rookie user.

Thank you so much.
Mary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users