Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which VISTA should I purchase?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 docsven

docsven

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

I have a new desktop and a new laptop and both have Windows Vista on them. I do not have a copy of the disks for myself as I bought them refurbished and got great deals from a very trusted seller. I like to have back-up disks on hand in case I need them so which copy of VISTA should I purchase? Also do I get a 32bit or a 64bit?

I see so many upgrades and signature editions out there so it makes it hard to tell which one to get. Thanks all!

Edited by docsven, 07 March 2010 - 08:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

Well mr.docsven as far as I know the 64-bit system version is a better choice for the reason of running programs at a 64 bit rate, I think it can run programs more efficiently and allows you to do more.

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

He already has Vista installed. He needs an installation disc of the same bit in case he has to reinstall in the future.

docsven, press the following combination on the keyboard:

Windows Logo Key + Pause/Break

In the System Properties window, take note of the edition and bit of the Vista you have installed (something like Home Premium and 32-bit, or Ultimate and 64-bit).

You should buy the same version and bit for your "backup" install discs. The only downside is that you would be paying for another product key that you don't need.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#4 docsven

docsven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

That is great information from the both of you and I am running forward with what you have said. Thanks for taking the time out for my question./DOC

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

You're welcome!! :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web