Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer won't print :(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kaaleng

kaaleng

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

Hello everyone,

Since yesterday I've been having trouble printing with my HP Laserjet 1020 printer. I didn't have any problems printing documents of 20+ pages until late last night when I tried printing a document in Adobe Acrobat Reader and it just wouldn't print. After hitting Print, Acrobat would freeze and the document wouldn't print.

I also remember an error message that had to do with spooling of some sort...

Other information:
- I'm using Windows XP SP2, and I haven't run Windows Update for a month or so now
- I went to HP's website to download and re-install the drivers, but I'm still experiencing the problem

Any help or tips would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Edited by kaaleng, 08 March 2010 - 12:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Funnel Web_*

Guest_Funnel Web_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

try this

1) Open My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, View and click on the option for

Show hidden files and folders

2) Now, uncheck the option for "hide extensions for known file types" and click OK

3) Click on Start, Search and in the left column choose All Files and Folders

4) In the "all or part of the filename" box type the following

hpzimn12.dll

5) Make sure the "look in" box has Drive C selected (or whichever drive windows is installed on)

6) Click on Search

7) If the "hpzimn12.dll" file is found, right-click on it and Delete it.

8) Reboot your computer and run the installation CD that came with your printer.

Hopefully this will solve your problem

or if thats not successful do a system restore to about a couple days back to when your printer was working o.k :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users