Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Keiro Personal Firewall is to die

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldsoldier

oldsoldier

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand that, from the 31st of December 2005, Keiro is to discontinue its Personal Firewall. I also understand that all licensed operators will receive Kerio's technical support up to the end of December 2006. After that date they will have to look elsewhere for protection.

I am a Keiro licensed operator. After the beginning of September 2006 I will need another firewall. I want the best and I am prepared to pay for it.

I chose Keiro because I was told that it was the best firewall on the market, if not the very best. To this day, I have no reason to regret buying it. Though there have been no problems, I would have liked to have had an easy to understand HELP.

I need to know which is the best firewall. Obviously, Keiro cannot be considered. To be forewarned is to be forearmed and I shall be very grateful for good and sound advice.

This is my current security portfolio -

Kerio Personal Firewall
AVG 7.0 Professional
Trojan Hunter 4.2
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Spybot S&D
Spyware Blaster
Spyware Guard
a2scanner
Windows - KB
Microsoft AntiSpyware
Process Guard 3.150 Full Version
Port Exporer 2.000
Registry Mechanic 5.0
Crap Cleaner

Yes, I am paranoid, and perhaps the last two programmes should not be classed as security, but I am sure that this hefty and constantly updated combination has kept my computer clean and safe.

Yours sincerely

oldsoldier

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

Understanding and Using Firewalls
by Bleeping Computer on 20th of Apr 2004

Popular Firewalls

There are many types of firewalls on the market, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. I have listed these personal software firewalls and hardware vendors as resources for you to research further. If a firewall is noted as free it is important to note that their commercial equivalents will probably contain more features that may be beneficial to you.

Free Personal Firewalls

Kerio
Outpost Firewall
Zone Alarm Free

Commercial Personal Firewalls

Black Ice
McAfee Personal Firewall
Norton Person Firewall
Outpost Firewall Pro
Tiny Personal Firewall
Zone Alarm Pro/Plus

Edited by Scarlett, 10 September 2005 - 09:33 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users