Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: New Laptop for Work use and University

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Student01

Student01

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

G'day everyone,

My budget for the new computer is: under $4,000AUD

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? Internet, Programming, Some games.

What software do you intend on using on the computer? MatLab2009, Adobe Illustrator CS4.

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2, The Sim 3

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? Maximum of 4 programs. Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator CS4 preferably.

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? Yes I do.

My Recommendations: Must be 13", Must have i7 processor, at least 4GB DDR3, Windows 7,

So far, my friend recommended me on getting ASUS UL30Jt, but i have no idea when the release date for this laptop be out in Australia.

Link: http://zedomax.com/blog/2010/01/08/asus-ul30jt-hands-on-review-ces-2010/

Are there any better or somewhat equivalent to this?

Kind Regards,

Student01

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Student01

Student01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

No-one is replying, i assume they can't find anything better than this xD

Anyways, i went up to one of the ASUS people who were at my university selling various of their latest Laptops. I asked the guy about the ASUS UL30Jt. They said it'll come out at the end of April this year. So that's next month here in Australia. Should be out in other countries. not sure.

Anyways, are there any downsides to ASUS? like unreliability? I've always had Sony, but they are always over priced.

Student01

Posted Image

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

Since you are in Australia, my main concern would be support and turn around time if you ever have to send it out for repair

Edited by garmanma, 08 March 2010 - 10:43 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users