Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there anyway to undo closing or saving something?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:38 PM

this has happened to me only a very few times.

but i could be working on something (like in a painting program or whatever) and i may accidently close the program by mistake. for example: i may mean to hit the _ but press the X and then when it says do you want to save, i may click NO instead of CANCEL. and therefore, any work i did just went down the drain.

some programs let you press CTRL + S to save. what if you are just doodling with something just to see something but you dont want to save it bc you just messed everything up. you go to press CTRL + Z to undo, but the S is next to the Z and you end up saving over it and you messed it all up now.

anything that can be done about this? is it even possible to disable certian hot keys like CTRL + S. i think that is the stupidest thing ever and all you need to to is just go to the top to save anyway. who saves so often that they need a hot key to press. are people that lazy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:29 AM

I fully understand and appreciate your dilemma. Download this:http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/. Then program it to do the opposite of what you want it to do.

Edited by gunner, 11 September 2005 - 12:31 AM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:13 PM

wow. that think lookes cool. but i didnt download it...

i just found out something right now.

i was refering mostly to Paintshop pro when i said that i didnt want to accidently save something. and i just found out that the program lets you edit the hot keys. it also lets you create and edit toolbars !!!!

wow. god bless this program. it is REALLY customizable and it lets you change just about everything. good it is.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:57 AM

Think :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users