Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wont Boot unless key is it

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nateg90

Nateg90

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

hello,
I recently just took my harddrive out of my computer and plugged it into another to scan with "Malwarebytes" to get rid of the virus "XP Guardian 2010". After reinstalling my hardrive into the original rig and pressing the on button, it goes to black screen. No beep no nothin UNLESS i hit a key. Once logged onto my account, All of the programs that i double click will prompt me with the "Open With" dialog box (ie explorer, malwarebytes, mcafee, etc...). But all of the regular folders open. If i hit the reset button, it will start the same way (black screen, no beep, unless key hit).

Since i just messed witht the HD, i would assume it is something to do with that, but that is why i consult you guys.
Thanks for the help,
Nate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_e.htm

Go to the EXE.

#3 Nateg90

Nateg90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

Ok, i got my icons working, but the computer still requires me to press a button to start up. When i press the power, everything starts but doesnt continue to loading screen. As soon as i press a key on the keyboard, the mobo will beep and the computer will load normally...Although sometimes when i select a profile, it takes an unusually long time to load the desktop (like 5 minutes); i assume this is a corrupt profile? When everything is loaded, the keyboard will not respond. I am not able to type anything, even after i unplug and plugin the keyboard....any ideas?

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Have you tried another keyboard yet?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users