Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multimedia Audio Controller

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bippes

bippes

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

I haved looked for other similar posts and cannot find the answer.
On my device manager their is a yellow exclamation point by Multimedia audio controller, I have a soundblaster product but I cannot identify it. I have tried to look in my hardware and I have tried the Sounblaster site and downloaded new drivers unistalled the old driver and installed the new, but an error occurs saying that the driver is not properly signed. When I put in the location of the driver on my hardrive, it will not load. In Multi Media Control Properties I get the following message
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I had a problem about four months ago wher I was getting pops in my Audio, I checked speakers on another system and had no problems, Check audio drivers and everything was fine Checked where I shouldve checked first the connection was loose inserted fully and problem went away.

If anyone could lend me a hand I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

I have a soundblaster product but I cannot identify it.

This should tell you
http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
Use the free version w/installer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 bippes

bippes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:47 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks I found this PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_10121102&REV_00\4&11B6166B&0&00F0 looked it up and came away a bit more confused

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

The 4 numbers/letters after the first _ are the Vendor ID; the 4 numbers/letters after the second _ are the Device ID.
Go to this website (http://www.pcidatabase.com/ ) and enter the Vendor ID into the Vendor Search box. In the next page, click on the link for the vendor of that device. In the next page, search for the Device ID and let us know what it says.

In some cases, the installation of the UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) drivers will fix this issue.[XP]

1102 - Creative Labs
0007 - Either Extreme Audio or Audigy SE 7.1

Edited by garmanma, 07 March 2010 - 06:14 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 bippes

bippes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

0x0007 Chip Number: C6SB0410515017656A
Chip Description: Device ID same for both, but Subsystem ID = 0x1012 - Extreme Audio, 0x100A - Audigy SE 7.1
Notes: Driver for Windows - http://support.creative.com/Products/Produ...CatID=205&p

I tried to follow the directions as much as possible the above listing is what it said

#6 bippes

bippes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

I tried the link in the above posting comes back as done with no content on the page.

#7 bippes

bippes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver 2.18.0011
Filesize : 37.62 MB Download Show Details
Release date : 13 Jul 09
This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

Your link does not work for me. I cannot find anything at there site in the time I spent there
Seems to be a lot of talk about that card in their forums, where I found this:
http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaste...-LS/td-p/533291
Mark
Posted Image

#9 bippes

bippes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thanks I have tried to click on the download at the address uou gave me and it take you back to the forum and thread. Maybe I could look deeper in the thread? Tell you one thing that guy loves his mod altjhough you cant downlosd it.

#10 bippes

bippes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

sorry found the download working it now let you know

#11 bippes

bippes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

http://hotfile.com/dl/12262811/7a2b325/P17...ck_2_0.exe.html
This got it downloaded and running but I still have no sound tried troubleshooting no audio checked everything it said and still no sound. Is there a way to check if the sound card is actually working.

The above link is a mod use at your own risk

#12 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

Not sure if this will help.

I have a Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer sound card and believe it or not, if I choose YES at 'plug & play OS installed' in my system BIOS setup utility the sound card did not work.

Although, I am not asking for any help here, but when I choose NO my sound card worked fine and I had no other issues other-wise.

This by the way, is another system I'm talking about, not the one I'm on now.

So sounds strange, but try doing that in your BIOS setup utility and see what happens.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 09 March 2010 - 12:27 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users