Boot into safe mode and do this:
1. Click 'Start'
2. Click on 'Run'
3. Type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
4. Click on the 'Advanced' tab
5. Click on the 'Startup and Recovery' Settings button
6. Uncheck 'Automatically restart', then click on OK
7. Click on OK to exit the System applet, then close the Control Panel.
8. Reboot for the changes to take effect
You should now be able to see what the blue screen says so you can write it down
Another thing to check when your are in safe mode is the Event Viewer to see what it says:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
I should also note that there are viruses out that will cause your computer to blue screen
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook