Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited or No Connectivity issue is back when using security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gszeman

gszeman

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

Hi all,

I had previously posted a topic HERE regarding an issue I was having when setting up security on my home network. When I would try to set up any type of security on the network, my laptop would only get limited or no connectivity. If I removed the security via the wired connections router settings I could connect without an issue. I updated the firmware on the router and was then able to use WPA2 security...up until yesterday. Yesterday, I turned my laptop on and noticed the wireless connection had an alert symbol next to it...I looked and the limited or no connectivity notice was back. So, I again removed the security on the connection and could connect again with no issue. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I really need to set security on the connection because I live in an apartment...any help would be appreciated.

The host computer is running:
Windows XP SP3 Gateway Media Center Edition
with a D-Link DL-524 REVC router with 3.23 firmware and a Motorola cable modem.

The laptop is running:
Windows XP SP3 HP Pavilion Media Center Edition

Thanks,
Glenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Download the latest drivers for your wireless card, uninstall the wireless from Device Manager, uninstall anything that has to do with wireless from Add/Remove programs, reboot and install the new drivers.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 gszeman

gszeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

Thanks CaveDweller2...keeping my fingers crossed, but it appears to have worked. I updated the drivers and restarted everything and it connected to my network automatically when everything came back on. If it goes down again I'll post back, but hopefully the issue is resolved. Thank you again.

Glenn

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

I'll cross mine too but not holding my breath, it was "fixed" a couple days ago too lol

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users