Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello I need help removing Control Center possibly triplexfeed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buyerat

buyerat

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this. I initially got triplexfeed redirect somehow and in the process of searching for information on that I picked up Control Center and now I cannot even get the computer into windows. I try to boot to safemode and a blue screen comes up saying I cannot go any further and when I start normally it goes to Control Center and I go to task manager and 'end process' and then my computer just sits there at a black screen and does not fully boot into windows. I have multiple computers so burning programs and startup help to cds should be no problem. Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by Pandy, 06 March 2010 - 10:52 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no logs are included ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buyerat

buyerat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

Any help on how I should get started fixing this problem?

I went through the remove control center page and ran rkill and malwarebytes, but after doing all that and removing the infected files, were 9 of them, my comp restarted and control center popped up again and I was unable to get into the desktop as usual.

I am unable to enter safemode unfortunately too.

Edited by buyerat, 07 March 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#3 morgan4

morgan4

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

Byerat -- The way I get into safe mode (have your monitor on before you turn on computer) is as soon as the vendor logo appears, keep hitting F8 until you're there. It will run through hardware stuff, then you'll arrive at the black and white screen.

Use your arrow key to move up to SAFE MODE, then hit enter (archiac, eh?), then arrow to Windows Networking, and it will bring you to a black and white home page where you can access your ISP and home page. The font will be big, but you will be able to access your mail, favorite sites (using a URL), Google, etc. But you won't be able to print or access other added programs.

If your boot screen is completely black, or dark blue, you can try the above (some vendors don't announce their logos at the start), but I'm not sure it will work. Good luck.

#4 buyerat

buyerat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

When I enter in to safemode control center pops up I end process and windows does not load still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users