Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

There was a rootkit (and others), is it clean now?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mooser66

mooser66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

Hello all.
I've just spent a few days trying to clean off my system. It started with a redirection when going to Ebay, system lockups on full scans, then warnings from my service provider, etc.etc.etc.
I'm running XP, sp3 updated automatically.
Webroot with spysweeper. and spybot SD running all of the time
Microsoft security essentials downloading right now...

Anyways, with much searching I eventually ran adaware, Malwarebytes, avaste, mbr.exe (and fixmbr.exe on a reboot) and I believe I've finally gotten everything off
Trojan.dropper, Fraudpack, fakealert, mebroot, mal/generic-L, and who knows what else.

What I'm looking for now is someone to take a look at some logs (hijack, combofix, whatever it takes) and let me know if it's clean, or some help to get it fully clean, so I can feel partially comfortable using it online again
Thanks in advance
Mooser

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users