Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My IP always change after 2-4 times rebot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chubalz

chubalz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

I just have set up a 1 server with 6 clients for Internet Cafe.

Im using Cafe Manila Server 8.6.6.

All computer is Windows xp pro sp3.

I just fresh reformat all the clients.

I have router.

My set up in network connection was obtain IP address automatically.

It was running fine... then on the next day i noticed my LOCAL server IP and client change?

And also i cant set manual on TCP/IP. I will always come back to obtain automatic.

So i guess i was infected by network virus?

My friend told me you should turn off WINDOWS FIREWALL so your LOCAL IP wont change.

My classmate told me that it has nothing to do with the windows firewall on in changing automatically IP on my server.

He said better put your Local IP manually by checking it on run command then cmd and ipconfig/all... Just copy all numbers given then put it on TCP/IP manually even if you have router.

This is the first ive encounter changing LOCAL IP on all my computer every next day.

What is really cause on always changing Local IP?

I have router, modem, switch.

This happen on my 2 internet cafe.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chubalz

chubalz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:38 AM

Just to clarify LOCAL IP is always changing on the next day even set Automatic obtain IP Address automatically on Local Area Network.

My full explanation is on my 1st post.

Tnx

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

The server needs a manual address. The clients use DHCP as it doesn't matter if the address changes. To set a manual TCP/IP address right click my network places - properties- right click the adapter - properties- select TCP/IP - properties - change the radio button to use the following IP address and use the following DNS address. For DNS you need to use the address(s) from one of the DHCP assigned clients since thet are the ones supplied by your ISP.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

You have the server, do you have the client software installed on the 6 clients?

Are you sure this is not part of the server settings/preferences?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users