Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop not booting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sock Monster

Sock Monster

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

Hi, been having problems with my laptop these days.

I'm running a Lenovo G450, Pentium Dual-core T4300 2.2 GHz, 2GB RAM, nVidia Geforce G105M, that I bought in November of last year.
Of late, its temperatures have been rising quicker than normal, sometimes even causing it to shut down despite the fact that I have a laptop cooler.
The problem that's been bothering me is that for the past two days, it won't recover from standby or hibernation. I've been trying to get it to start up, but to no avail, it never even gets to POST. The power indicator lights, as well as the volume lights do turn on, but nothing else.

Could this be a BIOS problem, or a problem with my laptop's motherboard? If it's a mobo problem, will it be under warranty?

Thanks for the help in advance,
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

Sometimes to get it out of Standby or Hibernation, you need to hold the power button down for 10 seconds or more. Then, let up on the button and press it again, as though you were just starting up. :thumbsup:

If that works, you need to go into Power Options and make some changes. I usually disable hibernation and change the option for what happens when you clode the lid. Usually it is Standby so I change it to Do Nothing. The option for pressing the power button is usually Shut Down but I prefer the option to Ask Me What To Do. :flowers:

I hope this helps and I haven't confused you more.

DR

#3 Sock Monster

Sock Monster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

Didn't seem to work at all. Power indicator and volume lights do go on, but the screen shows nothing.

#4 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

Check your receipt and warranty. I imagine it should still be covered by warranty. Most have a 1-year but some have 3-year warranties.

I would give their tech support a call and go from there.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users