Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remove folder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flashh4

flashh4

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:37 AM

i have a folder that just wont be removed ! when i try i get this message ...
and I can't delete it, when I try it says "Can not move file, can not read from the source file or disc". so whats the best way to remove or a program to remove it ?????

thanks for any help !
STAY SAFE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,636 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:44 AM

Hi flashh4,

Could you please give some more information? What folder are you wanting to delete? Where is it located? My Documents, Program Files? Is it on a hard drive, optical drive, etc. And what OS are you running?

I moved this topic out of General chat. Please read the text box at the top of the GC forum:

HI! Please do not use this General Chat forum for computer support questions. If you are looking for support, please post your question in the appropriate forum.

I'm not sure myself what the appropriate forum is for this question, but if I knew what OS you were running, I would move it there. I also recommend you read this topic that is pinned in several general help forums here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Bef...lem-t18368.html

We'll be glad to help, we just need a little help from you. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:08 PM

sorry for posting in wrong place, couldn't figure out where !
heres my problem !!! I have a folder under Network Place -> (My Workgroup Name) -> (My Computer Name) and I can't delete it, when I try it says "Can not move file, can not read from the source file or disc". The reason for that is I had that folder under My Documents and I shared the folder then later on removed the entire folder, normally it would automatically disappear under my Netwok Place but this one stays here... Anyone have any suggestions?
thanks for reply !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users