Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blank screen and restarting laptop every few secs or scrambled screen at sign in screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 firekid2k

firekid2k

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

My laptop was working fine the other day... Came back to it the next morning and the screen wouldn't come on and it kept resetting every 30 seconds or so. Once I finally got it to boot and get to sign in page the screen was all scrambled. But, everything else worked I could log in but couldn't do anything...

Anyone got a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

What do you mean scrambled?

#3 firekid2k

firekid2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

Well... There are sideways lines that are... "Snowy" (referring to bad picture on old tvs) attempting to show the picture...

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

Your video card is in the process of dying.

#5 firekid2k

firekid2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

So... That being said... All I gotta do is replace that... Sounds like its time to get rid of this thing and get a new one... Maybe I can get a few bucks for it once I erase hard drive on ebay...

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users