Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba vs. HP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

i cant decide between :
TOSHIBA Satellite A505-S6035 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

or :

HP Pavilion dv6-2190us NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M

i like the toshiba better but the HDD rpm is pretty slow, 5400, and with the HP its the same size HDD but 7200 rpm

they are both the same price on newegg.com but i just need some opinions
anybody own either one of these? or know about them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 matt3

matt3

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

personally i would go with the Toshiba because HP has had some problems atleast from what i know, if there is a problem with your computer. But i know many people that are very happy with HP and some that love their Toshiba's also so it is a matter of opinion also the video card in the Toshiba is better :blink: .

#3 thicool

thicool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

yea i was leaning more towards the toshiba,
thanks for your advice i really appreciate it

#4 matt3

matt3