Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will not load, USB overload error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ms1454

ms1454

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

I have a ASUS P5N-D motherboard and when I turn the computer on, it goes to a USB overload error and say to remove USBs and that the computer will turn off in 20 seconds. Never had this problem before untill I was opened the computer up and did some dusting with air and tried to figure out why one of my fans would not blow. I tried plugging in the fan in different spots going by my manual and I am wondering if I caused some kind of shortage. I took it to a repair shop and they disconnected all the USB and stil received the same error. They could not get it to run in any mode to try and get in there is what they told me. The OS is Vista

Edited by ms1454, 05 March 2010 - 12:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

This advice was given on another forum. You could try it and see how things go -

"in the device manager click on view at the top and in the dropdown
show hidden devices
then uninstall all listed usb items
turn the computer off
unplug usb plugs
reboot twice
replug in the usb plugs"

Good luck.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure