Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a security virus please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Morganj09

Morganj09

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

I have a Dell computer with the windows xp home edition and I have a virus that I can't get rid of. When I turn the computer on and log on undoer the user name my desktop and settings come up normally, but when I try to run a program I get a box warning that the .exe file is infected. I am also getting warnings at the bottom that look like they are coming from the task bar saying that microsoft windows security alert and I have infections in my computer would I like to get rid of them? Everything looks ligit from windows, but then I am asked for money from a company. VIRUS is the word that popped into my head. I get several pop-ups from "windows security" and a company called Anti-virs soft. We found out last night that bogus emails are being sent to people from our email account. I thought it was one of the 2010 Rogue security viruses, and I downloaded the malware antimalware from this site and tried to remove it and was unable. Am I doing the wrong thing?? Please help!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 05 March 2010 - 08:26 AM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:34 AM

You should first try following the instructions posted here regarding Antivirus Soft.

Following these instructions should remove Antivirus Soft from your computer. Make sure you Update Malwarebytes Antimalware before running your scan to be sure to have the best possibility of removal.

If you continue to have problems, please let us know and we'll be happy to help or point you in the right direction.

Please post your Malwarebytes log after cleaning.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users