Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GOOGLE REDIRECT VIRUS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 emmanuel100

emmanuel100

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

I am looking for help with this redirect problem on my emachine 1200L I am running wingows xp 2002 SP3. I tried AVG, Superspyware, and Malwarebytes virus protection. Now I have just ran Combofix and it gave me a notepad filled with lots of codes and numbers That I have no idea means. To my knowledge I am supposed to copy and turn it in to a forum or to a technician.The virus will not even let me chat on facebook. The little chat box in the right bottom corner of facebook is no longer there and cannot see who else is on line at the same time as me. This virus is a formidable opponent. I usaully get rid of viruses with AVG. But this one may be mutating faster then I have ever seen. I even tried checking if I have extra host ID in the file and there is only one. I am trying to put up as much info as possible.

Do I have to copy and paste the info from the Combofix note pad to solve this? And where should I post it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 March 2010 - 10:08 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,235 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/

Louis

#3 emmanuel100

emmanuel100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

Thanks hamluis. I have heard how strong Combofix is and really I ran it and it just gave me a note pad with a long list of files. I dont think anything is worse then what it was. The bug is still there. Combofix warning page is not really directing me to any help other then tellin me not to run it without supervision. So should I hire some one to come in my house and look over my shoulder or.....is there some online assistance. The Combofix site really does not direct anyone to futher assistance, it is a very long warning page. Thanks for the site info. I will have to cal or contact personel or something. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users