Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suddenly, everything tries to open in Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wineheart

wineheart

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

I must have picked up some bug somehow but it's very difficult to find any kind of help because it's not making itself known in any way. I can't find any processes open at all, and my installed virus and malware programs don't find it. Maybe they could, but I can't open any new ones or update the one that is open.

Everything my computer tries to do, it tries to do it by running it in Internet Explorer. Even stuff that does not connect to the internet in any way. Firefox wants to open with internet explorer, notepad wants to open with internet explorer etc etc.

I can't find anything online about this, because what kind of key words do I have to search for this? Has anyone ever heard anything about this?

Oh, Internet Explorer works just fine, since it's using itself to open. I'm running Vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users