Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Messages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suemh123

suemh123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:38 PM

Hi,
This is my first post so I'm not sure I'm doing this right. My desktop PC will only operate in safe mode. When I attempt to boot normally, I get error messages that say "Internet explorer has experienced a problem and Will close" and "Windows Explorer has experienced a problem and will close". Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:41 PM

We need more information please.

What op system? Windows XP? Home or Pro?

What has occurred with your computer recently? Have you added any hardware or software or changed anything?

What were you doing the last time you were in normal mode? Did you use msconfig?

Have you updated anything recently?

#3 suemh123

suemh123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:18 PM

I use XP Home edition. I have not added any hardware or software. I do not remember what I was doing when it started because my 14 year old son uses it a lot. I ran a spyware program and deleted a bunch of junk. I have recently gotten the message that my modem driver is too old and that I should try to find the new driver. I am on cable internet and use a surfboard modem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users