Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Supreme Commander 2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

Anyone try the demo yet? If not, it's out on STEAM.

I've only played the demo, but so far I am very disappointed. I am a huge fan of Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance (as well as Total Annihilation back in the day). The new game completely tosses most of the original formula; they took a great game, saw it wasn't broken and decided to do something about it! The gameplay is watered down and the visuals aren't much of an improvement (in some ways the game looks worse that the original let alone FA).

I have to admit, it's a wee bit gut wrenching to see this happen to my favorite franchise.

Granted, the game by itself is still pretty good I'm sure. I imagine they thought they were making the game more accessible to new players (both in terms of easier gameplay and graphics that don't make half the computers out there beg for mercy).

I really wish they would have just released a micro expansion for Forged Alliance and saved Supreme Commander 2 for another year or two, then done something huge with it (ie, something as big and innovative as Supreme Commander was when it was released in '07). Ah well.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 marksem

marksem

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:37 AM

Yes, I played the demo version of this game, I don't know if the support is in the second one, but one of the coolest things about the demo version was the mutli-display support. Its quite probable it didn't make it into the second. not that it is a deal breaker but it was nice..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users