Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange USB/Network issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 whyme26

whyme26

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hello all,
I have an odd one for you...
Whenever I plug a USB device into my computer it instantly kills my wireless network connection?!? It doesn't matter what the device is, I've tried everything from cameras, to jump drives, to mp3 players, to mice, to keyboards. Plug it in and WHAM network connection goes dead as a doornail every time. unplugging the device doesn't restore it, repairing the connection doesn't restore it, the only way I can regain my connection is to restart the computer. While the device is plugged in it functions fine just fine, just kills my connection... or at least that's the only symptom I've noticed anyway. It's getting rather annoying.

This hasn't been an issue the computer always had, it just sort of started one day. I've tried rolling back the system to a restore point to no avail.. can't think of any soft/hardware changes that happened at the same time as this.. I'm stumped. Oh and the devices that were plugged in before this started.. they work fine?

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks much for any help or advice.

Oh, I'm running Windows XP Pro, it's a desktop with a USB Netgear W111T wireless adapter.

Thanks again..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Funnel Web_*

Guest_Funnel Web_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

try uninstalling your netgear drivers and reinstalling again

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

I have the same netgear card as you do and it causes all sorts of problems on my desktop so recently i got rid of it, does the card get extremely hot when it stops working because that's what mine was doing. i would suggest getting a different one/ new card maybe an internal wifi card.

My card use to cause my setup to crash often.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users