Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee Site Blocked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nitreug

nitreug

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Hi,

I seem to be running on to similar issues than the one described in the following URL:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ee+site+blocked

My computer is an Emachine that runs Windows XP. The McAfee AV suite started to display messages that the protection was not activated and i was not able afterwards to access McAfee website.

I did a few things that a non computer savvy person would do, e.g. restoring to a previous date, uninstall McAfee, run a few free antivirus (kept no log of course), installed Norton but to no avail. Norton seems to be working fine but the McAfee web site still cannot be accessed.

Help please. By the way, it is my girlfriend computer so it is all her fault :-)

Edited by Pandy, 04 March 2010 - 08:26 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users