Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Internet Security 4 Released

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

For anyone waiting for this, CIS4 is now available for download.

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/free-download.html

CIS3 should be uninstalled before running the on-line installer and for those concerned about being on line unprotected, Windows Firewall could be activated temporarily.
James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 matt3

matt3

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

I might have to try it out the old one didnt get as good of reviews when i did my last set of antivirus testing looks like i will be doing that again soon. :thumbsup:

#3 Lucaso

Lucaso

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

hello, everybody, i have used avast! 5 Internet Security, the latest version of avast, for some times, i suggest this one for you because it both can protect your computer against viruses and spyware in real time, also with the function of firewall. A very amazing program, Just have try!

Edited by Andrew, 06 March 2010 - 09:56 PM.
Mod Edit: Corrected hyperlink - AA

#4 JamesFrance

JamesFrance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

Lucaso maybe you should start another topic for your suggestion?
James

#5 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

I use Comodo IS, shouldn't I be prompted to upgrade to this new version or something?

I just tried "Check for Updates" and was told there are no updates available, but my version is 3.14??

Any new notable benefits/problems with the new version?

#6 JamesFrance

JamesFrance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Many changes and as it is all new it cannot update from CIS3 for now. The link gives more details and you can read more on the Comodo forum. The main addition is sandboxing of unknown programs which allows many less pop-ups than the old version.
James

#7 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

I downloaded it last night on my Win7x64 box. First uninstalled 3.14 in safe mode. Then ran the CIS Cleanup tool/batch file. Rebooted and set about installing CIS4 Firewall with Proactive Defense Plus enabled, also in safe mode. Discovered the installer is just a "downloader" (not the full package) and when clicked, it then goes out to the internet to d/l the full package. Not knowing about this major installer change kinda annoyed me. Interrupted the process as I had NO firewall on for that internet connection. Comodo's installers have always been historically the full monty, allowing totally off-line installation. I turned on my Windows Firewall temporarily. I then booted into Safe Mode with networking to install. Rebooted to normal mode, promptly disabled Windows Firewall Service and rebooted. For some reason my Avast5 free was disabled in the process and I ended up having to reinstall it to get my shields all running again. But all is working fine now. Like the new CIS4 GUI but not fond of the red. I found the blue and green of the old UI more soothing to the eye, personally.
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#8 matt3

matt3

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

For some reason my Avast5 free was disabled in the process and I ended up having to reinstall it to get my shields all running again. But all is working fine now.

Are you running 2 antivirus programs at once? I would not advise that they can conflict with each other causeing viruses to slip past and on to your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users